Frankly my dear I don’t give a dam’ said 2016
Here are some things we can expect from 2017
- Facebook video Vs YouTube. YouTube pays you for your content views if ads are sold and Facebook does not. Where do you think we’ll see the best content?
- The content you produce must be awesome so that the platform’s algorithms share it and people see it.
- Video will dominate. Video is essential and will become a necessity. When last did you see a status update without a pic in your feed? Video will kill the picture star.
- Facebook will rule them all. It is currently the most important social platform in SA ; period.
- Content marketing will become even stronger. Better articles, punchier content and more relevant info will dominate.
- Social media adverting costs will rise significantly. With the increase in advertisers more brands are fighting for the same inventory.
- You will have to pay for followers and pay to reach them. Social platforms are double dipping and we are going to have to pay.
- Social media ‘influencers’ will battle. People are not as stupid as we think – they know what a paid endorsement is and trust personal relevant recommendations more.
- Twitter is battling. They will try and find relevance; watch their space.