Social media has changed the way we communicate and consume information, with the most successful content marketers sharing personalised, engaging, and consistent content across multiple social media platforms. It should come as no surprise then, with all the content being shared across these platforms, that video posts on social media get 48% more views than all-text / static imagery posts, making video content an irreplaceable part of any businesses’ marketing strategy.
Below is a list of 10 statistics that prove the importance of video marketing on social media for 2021 and beyond.
Should I post video content on Instagram?
- 77% of marketers have posted a video on IGTV. (Animoto)
- 58% of marketers planned to use video marketing on Instagram in 2021. (Wyzowl)
Should I post video content on Twitter?
- Tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than Tweets without video. (Twitter)
- Promoted Tweets with videos save more than 50% on cost-per-engagement. (Twitter)
- 31% of marketers planned to use video marketing on Twitter in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- People watch 2 million videos on Twitter every day. (Hootsuite)
- Video consumption is the #3 reason people use Twitter. (Hootsuite)
Should I post video content on Facebook?
- 70% of marketers planned to use video marketing on Facebook in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- Accounts with over 100,000 Facebook followers post 71% of all video content. (Social Insider)
- 12% of Facebook video posts are live streams, but live streams get double the engagement of pre-recorded video posts. (Social Insider)
Hopefully, these 10 social media video marketing statistics for 2021 have convinced you that it’s important to include video content as part of your businesses’ marketing strategy.